px group is working with RWE to develop Breagh Gas Fields in the southern North Sea. The resultant gas will be processed at the px group operated Teesside Gas Processing Plant.
at a glance
- Management of Breagh Gas Fields development from front end engineering design, design, construction and commissioning
- Integration into Teesside Gas Processing Plant, a top tier COMAH facility
- Management of two major EPC contracts
- Managing phase 2, the engineering, design and construction of an onshore inlet gas compression system
client: RWE DEA
location: southern North Sea, UK
The Breagh Gas Fields development received Field Development Plan (FDP) approval in July 2011 and gas from the Breagh field has been processed since October 2013 at the px group operated Teesside Gas Processing Plant (TGPP), before being exported onto the National Transmission System (NTS).
The project was managed by px group from the early concept phase through front end engineering design (FEED), detailed design,construction and commissioning.
All works undertaken at TGPP had to be planned, managed and executed alongside live operational plant
forming part of a Top tier COMAH facility, including integration into live plant systems.
Our responsibilities during the development phase included the preparation and management of all onshore planning,environmental and consent activities associated with both the new pipelines and facilities at TGPP.
We also negotiated the necessary land leases and access rights with multiple local landowners.
During the execution phase we managed two major EPC contracts and the interface between construction, the operational live plant and the offshore element of the project.
px group was instrumental in the successful commissioning of the plant and continues to operate the facility.
We are now managing the next phase of the project that comprises the engineering, design and construction of an onshore inlet gas compression system at TGPP and tie-ins to the existing plant. This is a major brownfield project and Front End Engineering Design (FEED) commenced in August 2015.
PX was responsible for the management of the on-shore element of the project comprising:-
- A beach valve station at the offshore pipeline landfall located at Coatham Sands, south of the River Tees;
- Two 11km underground interconnecting pipelines to TGPP including a horizontal directional drill to enable crossing under the River Tees;
- Challenging brownfield design and construction of a new gas reception facility, MEG regeneration, processing and condensate export facilities.